Our mission statement of “empowering young people to discover new perspectives in life” underpins everything that we do in the Edge.
- to provide a safe place for young people during the day and evening in an alcohol and drug free environment.
- to provide friendship, listening, information and counselling services.
- to enable young people using the project to develop spiritually, personally, morally and physically.
- to educate young people about the dangers of alcohol, drugs and other relevant issues.
- to develop new areas of work among young people.
- to work closely with other agencies, supporting initiatives and serving as a resource centre when possible.
- to address the historical sectarian predjudice / problems in the local community.
- to establish and maintain a high quality alcohol-free bar within a youth facility available to all young people regardless of race, class, gender or disability.
- to offer the services of experienced carers, who will be available to talk through difficult issues with young people.
- to deliver a varied programme of activities that incorporate social education and peer led initiatives, drawing on the ideas of young people and addressing the issues affecting them.
- to have a dedicated, trained and experienced team of workers available whenever The Edge is open.
- to constantly monitor and evaluate the work of The Edge, identifying gaps in provision and responding to developing needs.